From the Stage Hands the Brought You Gossip Girl
The best part about watching the teasers for all these ABC pilots is how many times “from the __________ of Gossip Girl” has show up so far. Because, you know, that’s a draw.666 Park: “The new Lost… from Alloy Entertainment and the minds behind Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars.” ‘Nuff said. Real take away: remember the attractive sibling from Brothers and Sisters? He’s back! Also, John Locke and Vanessa Williams.Mistresses: “From the writer of Gossip Girl” THE writer? Well, from what I can tell, it’s an adaptation of an ok BBC show. Also, it will give Alyssa Milano’s teeth the vehicle they need in the 21st century.Nashville didn’t mention anything about Gossip Girl… but, it did use “from the writer of Thelma and Louise” as their cred-line. Also, the thrust of this show seems to be mocking Taylor Swift.At this point I would like to point out that there’s a new Reba McIntyre comedy where she also plays a country singer. It sounds like a reversal of the year NBC had Studio 60 and 30 Rock on the schedule. Honestly, it looks like they’re attempting to build a Friday night family comedy block a la the early days of TGIF.There are other trailers out there for you to enjoy—but, none of them seemed amazingly terrible or used Gossip Girl as the unlikely way to buy cred. I mean, did they see that finale?So, quickly, there’s:
- A Dutch mystery adaptation. Meh.
- Celia Hodes + Second Becky + Lurch. Hmmmm….
- Another UK import with the silver lining of J.K. Simmons—but, with one of the skinny halves of one of the fat-man-skinny-wife CBS comedies.
- Something about a submarine? Political intrigue?
- I would have loved this show on Nickelodeon in the 90s. No, but really, Nick is missing out on this one 20 years ago.
- That guy who died of brain cancer on E.R. 15 years ago pulls a DaVinci code.